The University of Cape Town subscribes to EndNote, which is a reference management tool used to store and organize references. UCT staff and students can access EndNote on campus and off-campus (by logging in via EZProxy)
Use EndNote to:
Update and maintain references across EndNote with improved sync capabilities. Sync your desktop, online and iPad accounts, and even across multiple computers.
- Set preferences to create clear, organized, and easily searchable names for your PDF documents as you import them.
- Add subheadings to your bibliographies using your own or predefined categories to distinguish primary and secondary sources.
- Organise your research materials better by using new reference types such as Interview, Podcast, Conference Paper, and Press Release
Where to get EndNote:
Download it from the UCT ICTS website:
How to use EndNote:
(the following are video clips to assist you with EndNote):
1. Getting started (Windows)
2. Getting Started (Mac)
3. Add references through an online search and direct export
4. Create Groups to organise research
5. Cite While You Write
6. Share your research with colleagues
7. Access your research anywhere